Blog – 10 Questions for ‘Learning Technology’ vendor discussions
It’s a sellers market. So, I’ve put together a list of 10 (possibly new) questions for L&D teams to use in your ‘Learning Technology’ vendor discussions:
- What is the big change your business is trying to make / facilitate / accelerate in the world of work?
- What is your ‘worldview’ of the role of learning in business settings today?
- Who exactly is your proposition for and, not for?: (i.e. which work contexts and cultures does your ‘solution’ best support and why?).
- Describe how your organisation interprets the terms ‘training’, ‘learning’, ‘learner’, ‘learning culture’ and ‘digital transformation’.
- What is currently the biggest challenge for leaders of teams in organisations from your perspective?
- How do we balance support for both productive and generative learning in your opinion?
- According to the Havard Business Review “Leaders Guide to Corporate Culture” report published in February 2018, only 7% of CEOs currently prioritise a culture of continuous learning as an enabler to successfully achieving their business strategy. What are your thoughts on this fundamental challenge for ‘L&D’?
- What do you believe are the key measures of success for ‘L&D’ teams?
- What individual and team behaviours does your ‘solution’ help to enable / facilitate / accelerate?
- Tell me about the businesses where you have seen this change as a result of your leadership and partnerships?