What I Do
A more modern, ambitious and connected approach to organisational learning.
I work as an advisor and thinking partner to mid sized, value oriented companies going through significant change. I help you to build new capability and mindsets through shifting your approach to organisational learning. I only work across these four connected areas:
1. Diagnosing the current organisational learning strategy – Helping leaders to re-frame the role and priority of ‘learning’ for the business and increase its impact on performance and organisational development
2. Defining a new vision, strategy and success measures for organisational learning – Helping to reposition investment in learning as the accelerator for your brand, business and culture goals
3. Creating a new organisational learning operating model – Helping to modernise where the ‘rubber hits the road’ for learning. Creating the environment and the opportunities for people to increase their contribution and performance
4. Enabling a refocused, future-fit Capability / ‘L&D’ function – Enabling the function to think and operate in a more strategic, collaborative, and future-focused way.
Re-framing your organisational learning goals and ambition
Defining a new shared vision for ‘learning’ – positioning continual learning as an ‘enabler’ for change and business growth.
Connecting your approach to business learning to the context and environment the organisation is operating in. These guide the priorities and success measures of your learning strategy
Shifting the focus from ‘courses and content‘ towards developing the conditions and capabilities that help people to perform now and adapt in future
“Paul is an erudite, articulate learning leader with a unique capacity to demystify the complex. His business acumen, coupled with his undoubted expertise in the field of learning and performance provides those he works with with the opportunity to truly develop, improve and focus.”
- Edmund Monk, CEO at The Learning & Performance Institute
Putting your new learning strategy into action
New tactics that develop a continuous learning environment
New tactics that help expose your people to new learning opportunities
New tactics that provide experiences for your people to build confidence and new connections
Rallying leaders to take new accountability as ‘learning role models’
Refocus your Capability / Learning and Development team
Developing a more strategic, collaborative, business focused L&D function
Defining the new L&D team skill sets and mind set needed to inspire, enable and accelerate performance change
Aligning the resources, tools and partnerships needed to enable you to achieve your new learning goals