What I Do
Enable a more intentional, ambitious and coherent approach to organisational learning.
As a consultant and advisor I focus on mid sized, value oriented companies entering a time of significant change. I enable you to build new capability and mindsets through shifting your approach to performance strategy and organisational learning. I work across these four connected areas:
1. Diagnosing the current organisational learning strategy – I get under the skin of the role and priority of organisational learning and its impact
2. Defining a vision, strategy and success measures for organisational learning – think of this as the accelerator for your brand and business goals
3. Creating a new organisational learning ‘operating model’ – how and where the ‘rubber hits the road’ for learning. The environment and the opportunities for people to improve their contribution and performance
4. Enabling a refocused, future-fit Capability / ‘L&D’ function – moving their work from ‘management mode’ to ‘leadership mode’.
Reframe your organisational learning goals and ambition
Define a new shared vision for ‘learning’ – positioning continual learning as an ‘enabler’ for change and business growth.
Connect your approach to business learning to the context and environment the organisation is operating in. These guide the priorities and success measures of your learning strategy
Shift the focus from ‘courses and content‘ towards developing the conditions and capabilities that help people to perform now and adapt in future
“Paul is an erudite, articulate learning leader with a unique capacity to demystify the complex. His business acumen, coupled with his undoubted expertise in the field of learning and performance provides those he works with with the opportunity to truly develop, improve and focus.”
- Edmund Monk, CEO at The Learning & Performance Institute
Put your new learning strategy into action
New tactics that develop a continuous learning environment
New tactics that help expose your people to new learning opportunities
New tactics that provide experiences for your people to build confidence and new connections
Rally leaders to take new accountability as ‘learning role models’
Refocus your Capability / Learning and Development team
Develop a more strategic, collaborative, business focused L&D function
Define the L&D team skill sets and mind set needed to inspire, enable and accelerate performance change
Align the resources, tools and partnerships needed to enable you to achieve your new learning goals